Tuesday 26 June 2012

O'Gradys on the Pier, Barna

This was my last dining Experience.... it was in O'Gradys of Barna
“Dessert doesn't match the rest of the menu”

Went to O Gradys with my partner, made booking that day, I a famous tv add says it does exactly what it says on the tin!!! And that's O Gradys..... Had smoked haddock to start wit spinach, bernaise and crispy egg, nice start but the bernaise had split, my partner had the clam linguini to start, with squid. It tasted good, visually it did the taste of the dish an injustice, for main course she had the salmon, cooked beautifully... Classic with bernaise... I suppose it wasn't the most innovative but she loved it, I had the Turbot, it was cooked again very well, served with pea purée, wild mushrooms and prawn bisque, I think the garnishes clashed, with in a minute of starting the pea purée and bisque had mixed and kinda didn't complement the beautifully cooked fish then, I would also think the bisque was not as strong as it could've been, I suppose I'm being a bit harsh, I think there was no need for the side of veg and potatoes, but in Ireland it's the done thing!!! The broccoli was lovely and there's not many places you would get beautifully cooked new potatoes.... The dessert was very pedestrian, I regard to the rest of then menu, I had the olive and pistachio cake, not great it was like something I'd get in a cafe, the roasted strawberries resembled what one would get in a tin!!!!! The cake was dry, and the other dessert was creme brûlée, basic enough served with a biscuit.... In a nut shell it's a good fish restaurant that I would recommend, starters and mains very good (Im a hard critic), dessert was disappointing, it's not cheap but fresh fish isn't either!!! Definitely worth a try!!!! Service was efficently effective!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment