Wednesday 17 October 2012

Michelin Back in Galway!!!!



I have had the privilage to work long side and learn vital aspects of being a chef from the last person to recieve a michelin star in Galway, so when i heard the leak a few weeks back of the Star returning to Galway, it means alot  to the city and confirms the good work being done in Galway..... Heres my review i did on Aniar Last Christmas....

This was the first night out in Galway in a while, I have eating and worked in some good kitchens... so we decided to try the much talked about Aniar...
It definitely was the best eating experience i had in Galway.... So far!!!! It was around New Year, Menu was seasonal, intriguing and beautifully simple.... Service sublime!!! I did think at the time the time the food was a touch under seasoned but on reflection I think that was deliberate prob to promote the flavour of the natural ingredients.... Food absolutely fantastic!!! Balanced!!!! Definate highlight was the desert cinnamon custard, flap jack, apple granite!!! I don't even usually order desserts so it makes it even more of a HIT.... Only minor negative, there were two larger tables behind us and the noise level was to the point that I couldn't really hear my partner web she spoke or web the food was being explained by the server!!! But minor issue, and will be back

No comments:

Post a Comment